The Boy Scouts of America offers an online charter renewal process for units. Recently, this process was moved to improve systems and increase speed and efficiency in processes. Located at https://advancements.scouting.org, the new Internet Recharter system provides a more simplistic approach to the rechartering process and can be completed from start to finish without a single piece of paper changing hands.
Use these resources to help your unit’s renewal.
Updated Rechartering Tutorial
September 28, 2021: Internet Rechartering Webinar
September 28, 2021: Internet Rechartering Walkthrough
Forms & Resources
Updated 9/22/2022. Some documents are subject to change.
- 2022 Unit Rechartering Timeline
- Internet Rechartering Portal Fixes and Updates
- Internet Rechartering Demo Site Instructions
- Internet Rechartering User Guide
- Internet Rechartering FAQs
- Background Check Authorization Form
- National BSA Fees Infographic
- Registration Fees Prorated by Month
- Daniel Webster Council Youth Protection Policy
- How to Print Membership Cards
- How to Print Unit Charter Certificates