Work at Camp
Why Apply for a Camp Staff Job?
Here are a few of the countless reasons that are frequently expressed:
- To make lots of new friends in your area, other states, and even other countries
- To spend a summer in the great outdoors where nature prevails
- To acquire experiential education (learning by doing) and new skills that will last a lifetime
- To be part of an effective team and to cooperate with others to get things done
- To learn how to lead others and to apply leadership skills
- To undertake and fulfill meaningful challenges and to earn the satisfaction of doing a job well
- To work with youth and adults of all ages
- To serve others (the most noble and fulfilling pursuit of all)
- To give something back for the opportunities you have received
- To live in a wholesome environment based on the Scout Oath and Scout Law
- To have meaningful spiritual experiences
- To have the advice, counsel, and support of senior staff who are dedicated to helping you succeed
- To be paid and receive food and lodging in return for something challenging and fun
- To be considered for jobs of greater responsibility and to receive letters of recommendation for other pursuits
How Do You Apply for Scout Camp Staff?
Submit an Application
Submit a completed application ASAP to: Cub World Hiring, c/o Daniel Webster Council Office, 571 Holt Avenue, Manchester, NH 03109.
Please bring an additional copy of your application to your scheduled interview.
Schedule an Interview
E-mail Mark Hamel to request a 20-minute interview from the list of days and times below.
For Youth Protection compliance, if you are under age 18, please copy a third party with your email to Mark (i.e.: a parent, your Scoutmaster, etc.).
Choose the location and time-frame that works best for you! Interview times start on the hour and 20 minutes after and before each hour. In your email to Mark, be sure to include your full name and your desired date(s) and range(s) of times which you are available. Mark will e-mail or call you back with a confirmation of your date, location and 20 minute interview time. Please note: You must schedule your interview. DO NOT just show up!
Staff Interview Schedule
January 18, 2021 – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
January 30, 2021 – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
February 6, 2021 – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
February 20, 2021 – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Everyone must apply and interview (whether you’ve worked on staff before or not).
- If none of the interview days/times work, contact Mark Hamel to make alternate arrangements.
- Please be courteous by arriving early and remaining patient if the schedule fluctuates.
- Bring an extra copy of your application.
- Staff applicants must be at least 15 years of age on their first day of work.
- CIT applicants must be aged 14/15 when they serve and may apply until June 1, 2021.