Work at Camp
Why Apply for a Camp Staff Job?
Here are a few of the countless reasons that are frequently expressed:
- To make lots of new friends in your area, other states, and even other countries
- To spend a summer in the great outdoors where nature prevails
- To acquire experiential education (learning by doing) and new skills that will last a lifetime
- To be part of an effective team and to cooperate with others to get things done
- To learn how to lead others and to apply leadership skills
- To undertake and fulfill meaningful challenges and to earn the satisfaction of doing a job well
- To work with youth and adults of all ages
- To serve others (the most noble and fulfilling pursuit of all)
- To give something back for the opportunities you have received
- To live in a wholesome environment based on the Scout Oath and Scout Law
- To have meaningful spiritual experiences
- To have the advice, counsel, and support of senior staff who are dedicated to helping you succeed
- To be paid and receive food and lodging in return for something challenging and fun
- To be considered for jobs of greater responsibility and to receive letters of recommendation for other pursuits
How Do You Apply for Scout Camp Staff?
Submit an Application
Submit a completed application ASAP to: Cub World Hiring, c/o Daniel Webster Council Office, 571 Holt Avenue, Manchester, NH 03109.
Please bring an additional copy of your application to your scheduled interview.
Schedule an Interview
E-mail Mark Hamel to request a 20-minute interview from the list of days and times below.
For Youth Protection compliance, if you are under age 18, please copy a third party with your email to Mark (i.e.: a parent, your Scoutmaster, etc.).
In your email to Mark, be sure to include your full name and your desired date(s) and range(s) of times which you are available. Mark will e-mail or call you back to set a date, location and interview time. Please note: You must schedule your interview. DO NOT just show up!
Staff Interview Schedule
Contact Mark to set a time!
- Everyone must apply and interview (whether you’ve worked on staff before or not).
- If none of the interview days/times work, contact Mark Hamel to make alternate arrangements.
- Please be courteous by arriving early and remaining patient if the schedule fluctuates.
- Bring an extra copy of your application.
- Staff applicants must be at least 15 years of age on their first day of work.
- CIT applicants must be aged 14/15 when they serve and may apply until June 15, 2021.