About the Silver Beaver Award
The Silver Beaver Award is a council-level distinguished service award of the Boy Scouts of America. Recipients of this award are registered adult leaders who have made an impact on the lives of youth through service given to the council.The Silver Beaver is an award given to those who implement the Scouting program and perform community service through hard work, self sacrifice, dedication, and many years of service.
The Silver Beaver Award is the highest honor the Daniel Webster Council may bestow on a volunteer. Anyone may nominate any deserving registered Scouter to the council.
Silver Beaver Award Requirements
- All nominations must be submitted to the Daniel Webster Council by February 29, 2020
- Candidates for the award shall be registered volunteer Scouters within council territory.
- They must be at least 21 years of age.
- They must have rendered noteworthy service of exceptional character to youth. It is recognized that the nature and value of noteworthy service to youth might take the form of a single action which contributed to the lives of large numbers of youth or that the service might be given to a small group over an extended period of time.
- Nominations may NOT be considered for former professional Scouters or council employees or Scout Shop employees within five (5) years of their leaving employment with the BSA.
- Nominations cannot be made for posthumous awards.
A council-level committee will review all nominations in early March and the 2019 Class will be announced soon after. Any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations are due by February 29, 2020