ADVENTURE WEEKEND (CLAW)
Attention Cub Scout Leaders
Do you want to complete all your training in one weekend? If yes, then CLAW, “Cub Leader Adventure Weekend”, is for you.
What will this training provide you?
- Position specific training that will take place in the morning covering all positions in a Cubmaster, Asst. Cubmaster, Den Leader, Asst. Den Leader and Pack Committee
- BALOO – This training will allow units to bring more of the outdoors to your youth. Topics that are covered range from campsite selection, meal planning to GPS.
Where and When is it?
- Hidden Valley Scout Reservation
- This is an overnight training requiring participants to camp out.
If I am already Position Specific Trained, can I just attend the BALOO portion? Yes
What is the cost to attend?
- Full weekend will cost $45
- BALOO only $30
What are arrival times?
- Full Weekend – you should plan to arrive by 7:15 AM on Saturday
- BALOO only – You should plan to arrive and register by Noon on Saturday
Register today and be a fully trained leader in one weekend.
BASIC ADULT LEADER
OUTDOOR ORIENTATION (BALOO)
This one-and-a-half day course is designed as an introduction to the Cub Scout outdoor program for leaders interested in adding a camping component to their Pack activities. BALOO training consists of an online pre-requisite component in addition to an overnight hands on practical. BSA’s Cub Scout level camping policies will be taught along with the discovery of the necessary tools to help units carry our a successful camping experience.
Completion of this course is mandatory for a MINIMUM OF ONE adult on a Pack overnighter. The cost for this training is $30.
Effective January 1, 2018, previous courses of Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO) and Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders (OWLS) have been combined into the new Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO) course.