Daniel Webster Council is excited to announce a new initiative to broaden our Scouts’ exposure to experts in many and varied fields, and connect with them while we continue Scouting at home.
Stay tuned for more opportunities.
The Daniel Webster Council Speakers Series is brought to you by the annual Friends of Scouting Campaign.
Thursday, May 28th
6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Topic: America’s Heroes
Special Guests include members of the Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Army, National Guard, Coast Guard, Police Force, Fire fighters, EMS, Hazmat, SWAT, life flight pilots, Combat Medics and more!
- Joe Smith – Recently retired from active duty. Serves as a Scoutmaster
- Dustin Dye – US Army Veteran, has served as a Cubmaster for 5 years and a District Commissioner for 3 years
- Arthur Exchenburg – Air Force and Air National Guard
- Dez Nic – AD Air Force, serves as a Wolf/Bear Den Leader in Belgium
- Monica Couillard – United States Coast Guard Auxiliary for 17 years in NY Harbor
- David Kinner – Retired, served for the Coast Guard and then the Mass Environmental Police
- Kevin Fry – Eagle Scout, Cubmaster for Clinton CT Pack 7, career Fire Captain for the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Fire Dept.
- Jennifer Patti – Fire Captain and incoming Cubmaster
- Gary Crotteau – Disaster recovery manager for FEMA since 2005. Lives in Northern MN and Cubmaster and Troop Chairman. Fire and First Responder for 20 years.
- Clark Jones – Former LEO, Ambulance Crew and Marine Veteran. Webelos Leader and 3rd generation Scout.
- Melissa Ehlers – Marine Corps Veteran, served for 6 years as an admin clerk and several years on a flight line. Cubmaster and Victim Advocate.
- Susan Ruel – Veteran, served 13 years in the Army/Army National Guard
- Renata Bass – Medic turned nurse. Worked for 11 years for an inner-city ambulance service, then earned her RN. As a medic, served on the hazmat team, SWAT Team, and as a FTO.
- Matt Waggoner – Police Officer and Life Flight Helicopter Pilot in Florida
- Maggie Fagan – Combat Medic and Army Veteran
- Mark Bowen – VT National Guard
- Cory Hughes – Navy Vet, served on a ship that was home-ported out of Pearl Harbor. Served 2 tours to the Arabian Gulf and took part in fire fighting team for helicopter operations, underway replenishment, mine watch, etc. Traveled 14 countries. Serves as a Den Leader and will be moving with his den to the Bear Rank.
- Greg Bodge – Navy and Army Vet, Prior Den Leader.
- Richard Hartman – retired Naval Captain