Cost - $175.00
This instructor course begins with the American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Course online session, which you must complete before attending the in-person session.
Once enrolled in the course, you receive an email from the American Red Cross with instructions to access and complete the online session.
To get started, log into the Red Cross Learning Center and click on the class on your home page.
All the materials listed below will be able to download these materials in digital format once you access the Instructor Candidate Resources section (at no cost). We will also be providing printed copies of these materials when you arrive for the in-person session.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor’s Manual
- First Aid/CPR/AED Participant’s Manual
- Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor-Led Training course presentation (optional)
- First Aid/CPR/AED Videos via streaming, DVD, or course presentation
- Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Blended Learning course presentation (optional)
To receive certification as a First Aid/CPR/AED instructor, you must:
- Possess a current American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED certificate or equivalent. Please bring proof of certification to the in-person session.
- Successfully completed the American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor course online session.
- Attend and actively participate in the in-person session.
- Successfully complete the First Aid/CPR/AED skill practice and polish, during which you will have an opportunity to practice your hands-on skills and demonstrate competency.
- Successfully complete class activities, including the required practice teaching assignments. You will be given two practice teaching assignments, which will give you experience in preparing to teach lesson plans, presenting course information, using audiovisual equipment, conducting skill practice and assessment scenarios, evaluating performance, and participating in feedback and evaluation sessions. A certified instructor trainer will evaluate your practice teaching assignments. You will receive a list of potential practice teaching topics during the online session. Please refer to this topic list to prepare ahead of time for your in-person session.
- Demonstrate instructor-level skill competency in all skills.
If you are concerned about your ability to successfully meet the course's objectives or specific skills in the course, please contact me in advance of this class at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The First Aid/CPR/AED instructor certification is valid for 2 years.
Finally, we will request that you, as a trainer, teach at least one First Aid/CPR/AED participant course each calendar year.
LocationCamp Carpenter, 300 Blondin Rd, Manchester, USA
Could not find route!
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by openweathermap.org