- This event has passed.
Powder Horn Weekend 1
February 21 - February 23
2020 Course Details
Friday, Feb. 21, 2020 to Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020
Friday, April 3, 2020 to Sunday, Oct. 5 2020
All participants are required to attend both weekends
Griswold Scout Reservation
Gilmanton Iron Works, NH
$225 Early Bird by December 31, 2019
$240 Regular Fee
About Powder Horn
Powder Horn is a resource course designed to introduce Scouting’s adults and youth to the exciting program possibilities for their unit. Each course is somewhat different, allowing participants to attend multiple courses over time. The ultimate goal is for the participants to leave the Powder Horn course with a list of ideas to help their program, along with the contacts and resources needed to implement them. This will lead to a more robust program, which in turn should lead to increased membership and a higher retention rate in our units.Powder Horn is not a certification event. It is for any youth or adult interested in experiencing a unit-level, high-adventure program.
Who May Attend a Powder Horn Course?
Powder Horn is open to registered members of Venturing & Scouts BSA.
Participant guidelines include:
- Must be a registered youth or adult member of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Youth must be 14 years of age (or have joined a Venturing crew if 13 years of age and completed eighth grade).
- The youth must have completed the unit’s version of leadership training (Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops, Ships, or Crews, etc.).
- Adults must be trained for their position.
- All participants must complete program-specific Youth Protection training.
- Meet the physical requirements contained in the Annual Health and Medical Record
- May have attended previous Powder Horn courses as a participant or staff.