Merit Badge University
February Break Session
Choose 1 per period
|8:30 – 9:00||Gathering|
|9:00 – 10:30||
|10:30 – 12:00||Medicine|
|Citizenship in World|
|12:00 – 1:00||Lunch|
|1:00 – 2:30||Theater|
|2:30 – 3:00||Closing|
Cost is $150
Choose one class per period to complete your schedule. Classes will meet for a total of THREE periods, one period each day of the session.
Program begins at 8:30 on Monday morning with check-in. Program ends at 3:00 each day. Monday and Tuesday will run the same schedule.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants should bring:
- Bag lunch
- Water bottle
- BSA Health & Medical Record, Parts A&B
- Blue Card with Leader signature
- Please wear Class A
- Program Disclaimer: Completion of the Merit Badge(s) is not guaranteed for any participant. Be advised, due to the wording of some requirements some badges cannot be completed on-site, in-full, in one day. In those cases, every requirement which CAN be completed will be offered. It is at the discretion of the Merit Badge counselor(s) to determine if the participant(s) completed the offered set(s) of requirements throughout the duration of the program(s). Those that do not complete a merit badge during the program time will be given information from their counselor on how to complete and submit uncompleted requirements.
- Participant Advancement Information:
- Blue cards can be provided if the participants do not bring one.
- When referring to the merit badge requirements, please use current ‘scouting.org’ resources. Refrain from referencing other sources regarding requirements.
- About *prerequisite or follow-up requirements: Participants that sign up are responsible to complete these requirements outside of the allocated program time. Counselors will mark these requirements as complete when the scout provides proof of their completion during the program time. It is at the discretion of the Counselor(s) if certain requirements can be completed after the program and the method of how to do so.
Arrival & Departure:
- Drop-off & Pickup Times:
- Drop-Off: 8:30
- Pick-up: 3:00
- Notice: If you need to drop-off/pick-up outside these designated times, please notify the event coordinator (contact information listed in “Overall Event Information” above).
- Check-In Procedure: All locations will have a check-in area for all participants during the designated drop-off time. Please be ready to provide the following information for check-in:
- Proof of registration and payment – This can be done by showing the staff the registration confirmation you received through your e-mail.
- Proof of Unit Leader’s (Scoutmaster, Crew Advisor, etc.) permission for attendance. This can be shown by bringing a blue card signed only on the front by the Unit Leader or a printed approval e-mail from the Unit Leader.
- Filled BSA Health & Medical Record Part A & B: Informed Consent, Release Agreement, and Authorization – This document is especially important if someone outside of your family is picking up the youth.
- The document can be found here: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/healthsafety/pdf/680-001_abc.pdf
Once checked-in, the staff will direct participants to their respective classrooms.
- Check-Out Procedure: All scouts are given their blue-card once the staff have visual confirmation that their appropriate ride is present. This procedure may be delayed due to complications with advancement paperwork. It is encouraged that all parties save questions, and comments until a majority of the check-out procedure is completed. Those who did not pay for their registration during check-in have a chance to pay during check-out with cash or checks.