- This event has passed.
Den Chief Training
November 16 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm$10
Cost? $10; Each participant will receive a handbook and TRAINED patch upon completion of the course; snacks and beverages provided
This training differs from the course offered by Camp Carpenter each Spring prior to Cub Resident Camp; it focuses on working with a Cub Scout Den during the program year as the Cubs work toward earning their rank badge. It is designed to build on each of the listed goals using a framework that will allow the new Den Chief to have fun and learn the role.
A Den Chief is a Scout, Venturer or Sea Scout assisting a Cub Scout den.
The Den Chief:
- Serves as a Scouting role model for the Cub Scouts in the den, as well as the entire pack;
- Promotes Scouting in general and the local troop in particular;
- Encourages the transition of Webelos Scouts into Scouts BSA;
- Holds a leadership position in the troop or crew, thus fulfilling an advancement requirement in the unit.
In addition, a trained Den Chief:
- Assists the Den Leader with planning and conducting den meetings;
- Understands the Cub Scouting program and the differences between Cubs and older Scouts & Venturers;
- Understands the Den Leader’s duties and confidently helps lead portions of the den meeting program;
- Knows a variety of resources for age-appropriate activities for Cub Scouts in the den;
- Brings a repertoire of activities that Cub Scouts enjoy.
What should I bring?
- Class A (field) uniform
- Notebook and pen
- bagged lunch
- BSA med form parts A & B (returned at end of class)
- Enthusiasm and Scout Spirit!