ACTIVITIES & CIVIC SERVICE COMMITTEE
It is the responsibility of the activities and civic service committee to support units through the planning, promotion, and operation of multi-unit events that supplement, but do not supplant, unit program.
A district activities committee does the following:
- Plans and promotes a well-balanced schedule of district events, and recruits teams to carry them out.
- Decides how Scouting can become involved in selected needs and interests of communities in the district. Helps Scouting units take part in community service projects in such a manner that youth members learn qualities of good citizenship.
- Plan and promote Good Turn for America projects at both a district and unit level.
- Promotes and assists with the planning of council events (such as the council show or Eagle Scout dinner).
- Promotes and carries out the district’s share of national events (such as Scouting Anniversary Week or a national jamboree).
- Conducts an annual poll of unit leaders to determine unit needs and interests for district activities.
ADVANCEMENT & RECOGNITION COMMITTEE
District Advancement Chair
Cub Scout Advancement Chair
Boy Scout Advancement Chair
Merit Badge Counselor Chair
Eagle Board Chair
Eagle Board Scheduler
The function of the district advancement and recognition committee is to motivate and train unit leaders and unit committee members in the advancement program. Set district advancement goals.
- Help units establish an active advancement program.
- Recruit and train merit badge counselors.
- Maintain a current list of merit badge counselors.
- Assemble a Ranger Award and Quest Award resource list
- Provide assistance in Eagle Scout advancement, including Eagle Scout boards of review.
- Provide recognition to district Scouters.
- Provide program resources for the unit.
For Eagle Board-related questions please contact Eagle Board Chair.
NEW FOR 2019! To schedule an appointment for an Eagle Board Project Approval or Eagle Board of Review, the Scout should call Matt Wirth at 603-502-5294.
CAMPING & OUTDOOR COMMITTEE
Seacoast Day Camp Director & Cub Scout Camp Promotion Chair
Boy Scout Camp Promotion Chair
Order of the Arrow Chapter Advisor
A district camp promotion and outdoor committee does the following:
- Promote unit participation in council camping opportunities.
- Help select leaders and develop programs for district Cub Scout day camp.
- Promote the use of camperships for members with financial need.
- Working closely with its officers, guide the Order of the Arrow to help promote camping in the district.
District Vice Chair
NH Scouting Annual Campaign Chair
A district finance committee does the following:
- Obtain and understand the district’s portion of funds to be raised toward the council budget.
- Organize and carry out a successful NH Scouting Annual Campaign in the district and meet the goal by the target date.
- Promote the council plan for endowment development.
- Inform units of unit finance policies.
- Provide recognition to donors, along with information on how their dollars helped serve youth.
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Cub Scout Chair
Boy Scout Chair
The Leadership Development Committee’s goal is to have 100% of unit leadership BSA trained in their position responsibilities and to advise unit leaders on training needs and opportunities.
- Remain current with training material and program updates.
- Keep track of troop training records and submit updated trained leader reports to the district and council.
- Hold Basic Leader Training as needed to meet the requirements of the District.
- Promote District, Council, Regional and National training events.
- Support youth leader training such as Den Chief and Junior Leader Training.
- Establish District training objectives to train leaders.
- Participate in Council Training Committee meetings dealing with training policies, program, and procedures.
- Recruit and orient Training Committee members and Course Instructors.
- Prepare an inventory of all leaders who need training.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate an annual District training program based on training inventory.