The 2017 National Scout Jamboree will be held from July 19 to July 28, 2017, at the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve in West Virginia.
THE JAMBOREE’S PERMANENT HOME
In 2009, the BSA purchased 10,600 acres of property adjacent to West Virginia’s New River Gorge National River area in order to create the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve. The Summit is the new home of achievement, adventure, and innovation in Scouting. With world-class facilities and a focus on outdoor action sports, the Summit welcomed Scouts to a whole new jamboree experience in summer 2013. 2017 is the next national jamboree and The Summit will also be hosting the 2019 World Jamboree.
The excitement of the jamboree isn’t limited to Scouts. The Summit features a large visitor area, where day-users can try out some of the activities that the Scouts are doing around other parts of the Summit. Also, 2013 was the first year that Venturers, a branch of the BSA that includes young women, were part of the jamboree. Whitewater rafting and kayaking, rock climbing and bouldering, and mountain biking are just a few of the activities offered at the Summit. There’s also skateboarding, BMX, shooting sports, and zipline challenge courses. And that’s just the beginning.
2017 JAMBOREE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
This is the place to sign up for the 2017 National Jamboree! To submit a NEW application, you will need your My.Scouting username and password. If you do not have a My.Scouting account, please go to My.Scouting.org and follow the directions to create an account.
Please note: Staff Registration is for National Jamboree Staff and not contingent staff positions.
If you need technical support, contact the BSA Member Care Services at (972) 580-2489.
A handful of things to be sure of:
- The My.Scouting account needs to be in the name of the person attending the Jamboree, not the parent/guardian that is completing the application for a youth participant.
- The My.Scouting account you use should also be linked to your current BSA membership number.
- The membership number that you linked to your Jamboree application will be linked to the entire process, including your BSA Health & Medical Record.
- All applicants must have a current, non-expired, BSA membership.
- Use Chrome, Firefox or IE 10 or above to access the Jamboree application. Other browsers may not be compatible with this system.