The Silver Beaver Award is the council-level distinguished service award of the Boy Scouts of America. Recipients of this award are registered adult leaders who have made an impact on the lives of youth through service given to the council.The Silver Beaver is an award given to those who implement the Scouting program and perform community service through hard work, self sacrifice, dedication, and many years of service.
The Silver Beaver Award is the highest honor the Daniel Webster Council may bestow on a volunteer.
The deadline for Silver Beaver nominations is January 15, 2018.
Download Silver Beaver Award Nomination Form
Please note: The current Silver Beaver Award Nomination Form must be used. All other forms or versions are obsolete.
MANDATORY AWARD REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates for the award shall be registered volunteer Scouters within council territory.
- They must be at least 21 years of age.
- They must have rendered noteworthy service of exceptional character to youth. It is recognized that the nature and value of noteworthy service to youth might take the form of a single action which contributed to the lives of large numbers of youth or that the service might be given to a small group over an extended period of time.
- Nominations may NOT be considered for former professional Scouters or council employees or Scout Shop employees within five (5) years of their leaving employment with the BSA.
- Nominations cannot be made for posthumous awards.
For more information regarding the Silver Beaver award nomination, contact Sean Fogle at 603-625-6431, Ext. 118 or by email.