Optional Friday Fellowship: Fri., Jan. 26th… arrive after 7 pm for more fun and to spend the night!)
– $25/person for APEX programs and lunch is included.
– $10/person for optional Friday Fellowship.
– Open to Boy Scouts, Venturers, Explorers – and their friends thinking about joining.
– Open to individuals, buddy pairs, Patrols, Troops and Crews (individuals will be grouped for this month).
– Come for as little or as much of the experience as you wish – schedule is flexible.
– Rank Requirements from Scout, Tenderfoot, Second Class & First Class Ranks.
– Complete Partials from any Merit Badge – list in registration or email@example.com so we can Be Prepared.
– Venturing Advancement opportunities – list in registration or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can Be Prepared.
– Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews (ILSC) – with prior arrangement (email@example.com)
– Adult leader trainings/conversations – by request (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SATURDAY MORNING – COGNITIVE DERBY COMPETITIONS
Are you ‘mentally awake?’
– Multiple ‘escape the room’ scenarios.
– Memory & recognition challenges.
– Test your Scouting & outdoor knowledge.
SATURDAY AFTERNOON – PHYSICAL DERBY COMPETITIONS
Are you ‘physically strong?’
– Hybrid winter versions of the “Hidden Valley Ironman” and “Camp Bell Travois Race.”
– This Derby starts in HV main camp and proceeds up and over Mt. Shannon w/challenges throughout.
– Gain points for participating, teamwork and successful completion of the challenges encountered.
– Triathlon-style competitions (some individual, some buddy pairs, and some Patrol/Crew).
FRIDAY FELLOWSHIP (optional – but must RSVP in advance):
– Arrive early (anytime after 7 pm) and sleep a little later on Saturday morning.
– Enjoy a hearty crackerbarrel.
– Play some board/table games (feel free to bring your favorite).
– Enjoy a casual campfire.
– Hang out with friends – make some new friends, too.
– Stay in a Hidden Valley cabin w/bunk & mattress.
– Friday snacks and Saturday breakfast are included. (Optional fee)