Warm yourself by our campfire or participate in these other activities:
– Snow Sculpture (BYO materials to festoon your creation)
– Snowball target range
– Snow Games
– Freestyle sledding: bunny hill for team sleds or other sledding.
Cardboard Construction Rules:
– Sleds should be designed for a single rider or two riders. No more than 2 riders per sled.
– Sleds must be constructed of standard brown cardboard (no waxed) and regular silver duct tape ONLY!
– Sleds containing other materials (wood, metal, plastic, etc. will be disqualified.)
– Decorations and creativity are encouraged, but NOT on the bottom of the sled; regular duct tape or plain cardboard only.
– Sleds must be free of pointy or sharp edges.
– Sleds that may compromise the safety of the rider or other competitors may be disqualified either at registration or at the starting line.
(Registrants will be given an opportunity to fix violations at registration only.)
Cardboard Competition Rules:
– Costumes are encouraged and may increase your score in the appeal category.
– Once racing begins, participants are responsible for their sleds at all times.
– Racers must seated in their sleds to begin the race. No running starts.
– The racer must be in the sled when it crosses the finish line.
– An award will be given before the beginning of the race for the most appealing cub-made sled and rider.
– There will be an award for the fasted sled and the runners-up in each division.