One event on Mar 10, 2018 at 8:45am
One event on Mar 24, 2018 at 8:45am
MERIT BADGE COLLEGE DATES:
February 24, 2018
March 10, 2018
March 24, 2018
Snow Dates (Due to cancellation due to inclement weather): March 3 and March 31
– Hiking/ Backpacking combination (both offered together)
– Personal Management
– Indian Lore
– First Aid
– Citizenship in the Community
– Citizenship in the Nation
– Citizenship in the World
ABOUT THE MERIT BADGE COLLEGE:
– Cost is $15.00 per Scout for 2 merit badges or $20 for 3 or more (some are dual sessions).
– This includes merit badge pamphlets and a Merit Badge College Participation patch. Discounted fees will not be given if your Scouts already have the pamphlets.
– Scouts should familiarize themselves as much as possible with the merit badge requirements and bring proper documentation for requirements already completed and arrive with signed blue cards.
– If requirements take longer than the 5 weeks available (e.g. all Citizenship badges and Personal Management), longer requirements can be started beforehand and signed off at the event; otherwise, they may be completed after.
– Unit leaders, please try to register badges appropriate to age so the boys get the most from their participation. For example, Citizenship in the World is more appropriate for 14 – 17 years.
MERIT BADGE COLLEGE INFORMATION:
– Please plan ahead—see the registration form.
– Form & payment must be received in the mail by Ron Dube by January 20th.
– Payment for the Merit Badge College must be received prior to the start of classes (ideally one check per troop should be mailed with the registration form).
– It is highly recommended that each Scout register for two or more (maximum 4) badges.
– There will be two sessions per Saturday.
– If a boy has one of the double badges, the leader should indicate which badge the boy wants. If both are desired, no notation is needed.
– For boys wanting the double, they should be added once in the $15 section.
– No food will be provided.
– Pack-out what you pack-in—the school does not provide trash removal.
– Some badges may not require all three Saturdays to complete—the choice is up to the merit badge counselor.
– All participants will meet at the Mason Elementary School on the first Saturday, but some classes will take place at other locations near the school.
– Scouts are expected to live up to the Scout Oath and Law—misbehaving Scouts will be asked to leave the session.
Mail Completed Registration Form and Payment to:
700 Townsend Rd.
Mason, NH. 03048
Please make checks payable to Daniel Webster Council or DWC.
Inclement Weather Policy: Unit Leader calls Ron Dube at 603-878-1765. Snow Dates (Due to cancellation due to inclement weather): March 3 and March 31