St. John’s United Methodist Church
28 Cataract Avenue
Last Wednesday of the month
Eagle Board Notes:
- The “Trail To Eagle” is a scout centered process. As such, the Eagle Candidate is responsible for a number of steps along this trail.
- The Eagle Scout Candidate, as well as his Scoutmaster and his Advisor/Coach/Mentor, need to be thoroughly knowledgeable with ALL the requirements for advancement to Eagle Scout.
- These requirements are as follows:
- Be active in your troop for at least six months as a Life Scout.
- As a Life Scout, demonstrate Scout Spirit by living the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
- Earn a total of 21 merit badges, including 13 required merit badges, as listed on the Eagle Application.
- While a Life Scout, serve actively in your troop for six months in one or more of the approved positions of responsibility.
- While a Life Scout, plan, develop, and give leadership to others in an approved community service project.
- While a Life Scout and after completing ALL the Eagle Scout Advancement Requirements, participate in a Scoutmaster Conference.
- Successfully complete your board of review for the Eagle Scout rank.
The above requirements are clearly defined in the following BSA publications, which are available online.
- BSA Guide To Advancement
- Eagle Scout Rank Advancement Application
- The Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook
- Life to Eagle Resources
The Eagle Scout Candidate must contact the Eagle Board Chairman at least 7 days prior to a District Eagle Board of Review for his initial project review and approval. The Eagle Service Project Workbook pertaining to the initial project plan should be completed, signed and ready for the Eagle Board prior to the meeting. The service project, including the Eagle Project Fundraising. CANNOT start until the service project has been approved by the Eagle Board.
Once the plan has been approved by the Eagle Board, the Scout is encouraged to use the final plan sections in the workbook to assist him through the process, as well as help with completing the project successfully.
After the service project has been completed, the scout must complete the final project report and the Eagle Scout Rank Advancement Application. The Eagle Scout Rank Advancement Application MUST be sent to Council for validation. Once it has been validated and sent to the Eagle Board Chairman, the board chair will contact the eagle candidate to schedule the Eagle Scout Candidate’s Final Board of Review. It is expected that the Eagle Scout Candidate, along with his Scoutmaster and his Coach/Advisor/Mentor will attend this Final Board of Review. The scout is expected to bring at least 3 copies of his Final Project Report, with ALL appropriate signatures, as indicated in the project workbook.
EAGLE BOARD OF REVIEW CONTACTS
|Andy Galt||Eagle Board of Review Chairman||603-742-2053|